Did you know in B.C. 10% of apartment complex fires start on balconies? Summer has arrived and many of us started barbequing more often. We need to ensure we operate our BBQs properly and safely. The following tips are recommended for the safe operation of a BBQ.
- Always follow the manufacturer’s instruction on how to use, maintain and clean.
- Set up your BBQ away from any combustible materials.
- Never leave your BBQ unattended.
- It is good to have a fire extinguisher handy.
- Always use heat-resistant gear.
- After using your BBQ makes sure shut off valve for the gas is turned off.
- Do not move your BBQ before it cools down. If you are using charcoal BBQ, never throw hot ashes into the garbage bin.
- Clean your BBQ.
Be safe and enjoy the summer.